14 May 2010

Butter Dish

Growing up, we had a small crock with a lid that was near the toaster, so there was always soft butter for toast. Not being much of a toast person, I primarily use butter for cooking. So for the past years, I've always had a stick of butter on the counter near the stove. It's not exactly house beautiful, but I was waiting for just the right dish.

One day, a friend told me about this cute milk maid butter dish from Anthropologie. I looked it up and was daydreaming about the yellow one. Then I snapped back to reality where no-way, no-how is a crinoline-wearing milk maid going to sit on a counter in the same room where my manly man eats supper. So I continued looking at the search results and found this.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=873278&navAction=jump&search=true&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS
(Can someone hook a sister up with how to make a pretty link or add the link to the photo?)

Can I just tell you how wonderful this butter dish is? We have cobalt Fiestaware, but our kitchen is red, so it incorporates both. And if I ever get a green kitchen, I'll be set.

So it's sitting on the counter, my manly man, who does appreciate coordinated design elements, looks over and says. "That's a nice butter dish. Good purchase."

My heart soared, my face beamed, and I replied, "Thank you. How about steak for dinner?"

1 comments:

ameliaknapp said...

Beautiful butter dish. You should be able to add the link by clicking the hyperlink button when you're in the "new post" screen of blogger. Good luck to you!