27 January 2010

Pioneer Woman Recipes

I had a brilliant idea to cook and blog all of the Pioneer Woman recipes. But since they are added so frequently, that creates a moving target. So I'll just start making at least one per week and see where that leads me...to the gym.
Two weeks ago, I made the pot roast. It was the best pot roast I have ever made. May potatoes and onion soup mix never grace my crockpot again. The juice poured over the mashed potatoes was sublime, and the whole meal made my lunch guests wax poetic. It was a promising start.
Last week, I tackled Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich. My man said, "You could make this every week!" The meat was a little tough for me, but I sliced in a hurry, so maybe the meat was sliced parallel instead of perpindicular.
My husband is now noticing friends' fb posts about her recipes, and I have been granted free rein cook any PW recipes.
Tonight, we had tacos. He cooked the meat, so I'd have plenty of time to make Pico de Gallo. I went ahead and made some guacamole, too. It took about twenty seconds. The plastic cup method has revolutionized my guacamole making forever. I used leftovers to make the Mexican Layer Dip.
I'm well on my way. :)

0 comments: