13 January 2012

Strawberry S'mores

Tonight, I was berry inspired. It's been cold weather, and it's about time for a trip to HEB. As I stood in front of the nearly empty snack cabinet, I decided to freshen up a time-tested recipe. Isn't the current fad to gourmandize common foods?

Here's what you need: Strawberry Marshmallows, Ghirardelli Strawberry Chocolate bar, Ricanela graham crackers


Break a graham cracker in half and cover with chocolate square and marshmallow.

Microwave 10 seconds at 50% power (I did it for 20 because my microwave lacks in the power department).

Gasp in dismay that some of the luscious strawberry puree has gushed out. Put the other graham cracker on top and decide another must be made to get it right.

Nuke just the marshmallow and graham cracker this time. Open the door and say, "It's so fluffy, I'm gonna diiiiieeeee!", and then add the chocolate and other graham cracker. Give to your daughter and wait for her reaction. When she says it's good, make her stop mid-bite so you can take a picture. Bribe her by mentioning that her crackle nails will be online.

Strawberry S'mores...pink, fluffy, chocolatey, crunchy, and berry sweet.

0 comments: